1.Please tell us a bit about yourself
You can read about me here: http://argentum.bprecious12design.com/?p=97
2. How would you describe your journey as a contemporary jeweller?
- Completion of a 3 year Apprenticeship .E.Frey Master-Goldsmith,Pretoria,South Africa.
- · Invitation by Co.Gueblin, Lucerne, Switzerland to join for an Internship in its Design and Manufacturing Department
- · Fachhochschule fuer Gestaltung, Pforzheim, Germany where I completed M.A.Design with Prof.R.Reiling & Prof.K.Ulrich. Thesis -Body jewellery
· I work concept and theme wise utilizing sculptural and linear elements.
· For example the “Space Invader Series”
· Majorly I work on an assignment basis through my CAD drawings – love design and manufacturing techniques and the moment a piece is born.
· I admire work done by artists with innovative /unusual /surprising design elements.
· My favourite artists are – René Jules Lalique – Salavadore Dali (yes he designed a lot of fantastic jewelry) Reinhold Reiling – Bruno Martinazzi and Manfred Bischoff
3.What inspires you?
You can read about my inspiration here: http://argentum.bprecious12design.com/?p=97
4.What direction do you see your work taking over the next 5/10 years?
I would be continuing developing my Jewelry, Silver Ware and Clocks
5.What are your thoughts about the contemporary jewelry field evolving in India?
Lack of audience – exposure – will and commitment makes it hard to tell – the prevailing comment “no resell value” tells it all.
6.List of publications, projects and exhibitions that you’ve been involved in.
· Gallery Ibo – Klagenfurt, Austria
· Art Association Pretoria and Cape- Town South Africa
· Studio Matthar Cologne, Germany
· Yearly exhibition at IINHORGENTA Munich Germany
· MUBA Basel Switzerland
· 2004 , 2009.2011exhibited at AMBIENTE Frankfurt, Germany
· Designer Platinum & Gold) Co.Gerstner Pforzheim, Germany.
· Own studio for Jewellery Design in Pforzheim, Germany
· Project Manager for “Schmuck der Galatea “Jewellery
· Co. in Hong Kong & Pforzheim
· Consultant for Design Production techniques with Saudi
. Pearls & Gold Factory,Rijad,Saudi- Arabia.
Project – Design &Manufacturing of Sterling Silver . Table clocks
Company Soelch Eisingen Germany
· Design & Manufacturing of own Wristwatch Collection in Silver, Gold & Precious Stones
· Project – Consultancy for Sunrise Jewellers Pvt.Ltd. Madras, India
Principal at Jewellery Product Development Centre New Dehli India
· Invited as Consultant Executive Officer JDTI Noida India
· Design Director Silk and Silver Noida
· Design Director El Unique Delhi India
· Setting up – Faculty training – Jewellery Institutes in Karachi and Lahore Pakistan
· Exhibited at the Saffron Auction House in Dehi
· Since 2013 own Galleria and workshop in Delhi
INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY COMPETITIONS
“Diamantenschmuck von morgen“De Beers Runner-up.
“Gold”Art Association Pforzheim 4th Prize.
“Idar-Oberstein Schmuck & Edelstein Preis“ 1st Prize & Runner-up.
7.Where can one buy your work?
Birbal Road 4/17
On the bench: Tea/ coffee assemblage designing for a demanding client
On the wall: Otto Schroeder – Luederitzbucht – my favorite pastel
On the pod: Steve Winwood
In the drive: American Sniper
On the shelf: Namibian History
11. Anything else you would like to share about yourself:
Doing commissioned Design work